Welcome message

Welcome message

Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Review- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 1

Does this series of films ever end? Thankfully soon... but not without an emotional goodbye by millions of loving fans across the globe I'm sure. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one is the seventh film of the series. I found the Half Blood Prince to be a painful movie going experience, and as a fan of the books quite disappointing. Nevertheless, I found myself lining up for Deathly Hallows opening week. I happened to be in Poland at the time, and with the thought of subtitles running across the bottom of the screen I did not have high expectations. I never thought I would say this, but the idea to split up the film into two full chapters worked wonders. It allowed them to slow things down, focus on the character development, and for the first time in my opinion, truly build the story.

The film took Harry Potter and his friends outside Hogwarts and into the adult world in their search for horcruxes. I no longer felt I was an adult watching a kids film. This movie is a must see for any Harry Potter fan, and an entertaining experience for any skeptics. Part one was released on DVD & Blu-ray April 15, 2011. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two opens July 15 2011
Movie Mouse Approved

No comments:

Post a Comment